- Notwithstanding any statuary rights,
all items supplied by BritishBins are subject to these terms and
- Free delivery (where offered) applies to mainland England and Wales,
BritishBins will provide a quotation for other UK or
- When more than one two wheeled bin supplied, they may be
stacked and the wheels and axles may be supplied separately to be
fitted by the purchaser. The wheels are a simple permanent
press fit on the axles and do not require tools. In any
case special packing requirements may involve extra charge.
- When two or more four wheel bins are supplied they
may be in stacks up to 4 bins high. They can simply be
separated by laying the bins on their fronts. In any
case special packing requirements may involve extra charge.
- Unless they are clearly identified as off/over stock or
seconds, all our wheelie bins are brand new and unused but it is
possible that they might have minor scuffs or marks on them
(which will not affect their function) resulting from
manufacture and delivery process. Wheelie bins are not wrapped
- All our wheelie bins comply with standard (EN840) council refuse collection
requirements but you are responsible for checking that the wheelie
bin you select is suitable for your particular circumstances in case
your council has some peculiar rules regarding which size wheelie
bins they will empty.
capacities indicated are nominal and the dimensions approximate
The colours are indicative.
- If a bin or bins are to be returned to us or are not accepted
for delivery, except due to a fault or shipping damage, there will
be a restocking fee of £5 per bin in addition to the actual cost of
return shipping, which can vary,
but will be at least £25 per bin. If the customer prefers
they may return the bin to us at their cost. If we have modified
bins to a customer's requirements, for example by fitting locks,
apertures or drop down doors, we reserve the right not to accept
them back. In line with the Distance Selling Regulations for
consumers, we do refund the initial delivery charge which is
included in the wheelie bin price.
- It is the customer's responsibility to dispose of any packaging
we may use to protect the items dispatched. This packaging may
include on or more pallets.
- For deliveries to business customers, it is assumed that the customer will be available to receive items in normal business hours (Monday-Friday 9am-6pm). If there are special delivery requirements which are not pre-agreed or redelivery is required BritishBins reserves
the right to back charge the customer any direct costs charged by the
Standard point of delivery is to the kerbside or
loading bay. We do not routinely supply Proof of
Delivery (POD) paperwork with invoices but will, of course, provide
POD in any situation where there is reasonable question about
- Any delivery dates shown are indicative and not
contractually binding. Time is not the essence of any
- When customers require trunnions (DIN Points) on plastic
or metal bins, it is the customer's responsibility to ensure
the bins that we supply have the trunnions located correctly
for their machines.
- BritishBins provides a 12 month warranty from delivery for manufacturing or design defects. Normal wear and tear and any damage caused by any use, situation or activity for which the bin, or other item, is not specifically designed or intended for, is not covered. Should a customer consider any bin or part to be defective part, it must returned to our warehouse, transportation charges prepaid by the customer. In some cases BritishBins may agree that photographic evidence is sufficient. BritishBins will analyse the item, or photographs. If BritishBins determines that it has failed due to a defect in manufacturing or design it will be replaced ex-works (our warehouse) without charge.
- BritishBins retains title to any bins or other items it has supplied until
payment is received in full for all outstanding Invoices.
- When BritishBins is provided with credit/debit card
information by the customer, the customer agrees to
BritishBins charging the card for any outstanding overdue
payments, irrespective of which sales order the card
information was originally provided for.
- BritishBins will never be liable for consequential damages and liability in any circumstance shall be limited to replacement of any item, or part thereof, excluding transport charges.
Last updated: 28-01-2019
BritishBins Ltd ("us", "we", or "our") operates http://www.britishbins.co.uk (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name ("Personal Information").
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information where there is a legitimate business interest and you have opted in compliance with GDPR legislation.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third-party websites.
Download Terms and Conditions PDF